Thursday, January 30, 2014

Encoding project idea

Hi there.  I mentioned using this book for the encoding project last class.  The challenge lies in all the extra data that is on the page besides the text.  There are footnotes, marginalia, images, and captions for those images.  It seemed like some people were interested in this project.  I know the project is still a ways off and you all likely have more pressing assignments, but if you would like to join me in working on this project, leave a comment or send me an email.  I'd also suggest a short meeting after next class, just to put names to faces and make sure we all have each others contact info.
-Eric

2 comments:

  1. Hey Eric,

    I think that sounds like great idea for next week. My apologies to all of you guys for not being in class this Wednesday, I had a family situation and had to leave the city for a few days. I did just read Alan's email from Tuesday night and it seems like Wednesday was probably a great class for getting ready for the encoding project and getting into groups for it. So now I feel a little stressed and little behind so having a meeting after next weeks class would be a huge relief for me and my anxiety levels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me too. I found a pretty neat book with a bunch of different visual and text side boxes that connect to the main text. I'll bring it to the next class, but if you're interested in looking it up, it's called "The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet". Here's a link to amazon where you can see the pages and get a feel for the book: http://www.amazon.com/The-Selected-Works-T-S-Spivet/dp/0143117351/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391399524&sr=8-1&keywords=selected+works+of+t+s+spivet

    ReplyDelete